The website www.storytellertravel.co.uk is operated by Storytellerr Limited and we are a “data controller” for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 21 January 2018.
- How does Storyteller collect your personal information:
- When you register or use the Storyteller Website
- When you contact Storyteller via email or telephone
- When you register with Storyteller for updates and newsletters
- When you enter any prize draws or competitions run by Storyteller
- When you make any applications for volunteering opportunities, paid employment or other purposes with Storyteller
- When completing any surveys that we send you for research and marketing purposes (although you are under no obligation to complete these
2. What type of information we collect:
In addition to personal details such as your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone number, we may also collect some of the following information:
- Job title
- Details of transactions made from us (including billing and shipping address, credit and debit cards/payment details
- Details of your visits to our website
- Details of when you contact Storyteller by email, post or telephone. Please note that we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Demographic information such as age, postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Any other information from which we can identify you (or available on public registers)
- Details of your IP address, time zone, your length of visit to our website
3. How we use your information
- to identify you and manage your subscription with us;
- to conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you; and
- improve our services.
We take your privacy extremely seriously, and we never sell lists or email addresses.
4. What we do with the information we gather
We require your information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Process any orders that you make via the website (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver your product that you have ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction to ensure fulfillment of all contractual obligations i.e. refunds etc.)
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time and may pass them to a third party should we deem this necessary)
- With your consent, retain your personal information, preferences and details of transactions so that we can keep you informed by email, post, mobile messaging, telephone and other digital means including all social media platforms about products and services (including special offers. Discounts, promotions, events, competitions etc) offered by Storyteller as well as recommended third party services which would be of interest. Please note that this may involve passing your details to carefully selected third parties who may contact you about their products or services.
- Update any of your details should they change, i.e. change of address.
- To improve our products and services.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes via email, phone, social media channels or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Process any volunteering or paid employment opportunities (we may retain this information for a reasonable amount of time after the recruitment/selection process has ended for administrative purposes)
- Administration purposes for any prize draws or competitions. Details will be kept for a reasonable period of time.
As noted above, we may disclose your personal information to carefully selected third parties who help us run, manage and improve the quality of our products as well as for marketing and fraud/credit checking purposes.
We would ask you to note that if we are requested by any regulatory or government authority who are investigating illegal activities we are entitled to provide your personal information.
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us will be held securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use Secured Socket Layer (“SSL”) software to encrypt the personal information that you provide to us whilst it is in transit over the internet. This will work if your browser is SSL enabled, and you check if this is working by finding the symbol of a closed lock on the bottom bar of your browser and checking that your web address in the browser address bar has changed from “http” to “https”.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however we will do our best to provide a high level of security. If there is a security breach of your details, we will do our best to correct this, although you agree not to legally pursue Storyteller if any such issue does arise.
Your security measures
For your own security protection, we encourage you to install and maintain an anti-virus and malware protection software. Please do not include any sensitive personal information in any e-mails that you send to us, such as payment card information. Please also be careful about who you are giving your personal information to. So you know, we will never ask for sensitive personal information such as payment information via email, this will all be done securely over the telephone when required.
6. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
8. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Links and Third Parties
9. Your Rights
In order to process any of the requests listed below, we may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases your response will be necessary for you to exercise this right.
The right to access the information we hold about you
At any point you can contact us to request that the information we hold about you as well as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we got the information. Once we have received your request we will respond within 30 days.
The right to correct and update the information we hold about you
If the data we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will ensure that it is updated.
The right to have your information erased
If you feel that we should no longer be using your data or that we are illegally using your data, you can request that we erase the data we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the data has been deleted or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted.
The right to object to processing of your data
You have the right to request that Storytellerr Ltd stops processing your data. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue. If data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your data to comply with your other rights.
The right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You have the right to request that we stop contacting you with direct marketing. In order to process your request, we may need to verify your identity for your security.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that we transfer your data to another controller. Once we have received your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so.
In cases where we need your consent to hold your information, we will ask you to take an active step, such as entering your email address. By taking that active step, you are stating that you have been informed as to why Storytellerr Ltd is collecting the information, how it will be used, for how long it will be kept, who else will have access to it and what your rights are as a data subject.
Sharing your information
Where necessary to fulfill our obligations to you, Storytellerr Ltd may pass your details to third parties where this is necessary for the fulfillment of your orders.
10. Applicable Law
This policy is subject to the law of England and Wales and you must bring any claims against us exclusively in the courts of England and Wales.
11. Data Protection Officer
Storytellerr Ltd, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU